The CORE Foundation
The Caribbean Lionfish Response Program is unique proactive program designed to keep the invasion of the Indo-Pacific Lionfish from destroying our sea life, corals and reefs. The CLRP is collaborate effort comprised of Dive Shops donating boats at reduced rates, volunteer divers donating their time and money and Commercial Fishermen whose eyes and efforts throughout the waters of the Caribbean are invaluable. All these components are working together towards one common goal, keeping the Caribbean Lionfish Free. Each component plays a vital role in the success of the program. It is not about making money, but rather saving our marine ecosystem and preserving our underwater world as we know it today. This will enable future generations the enjoyment of our beautiful underwater world as we know and enjoy it today.
The Caribbean Alliance which was started on March 25th 2010 is a unified effort between Territories and Countries running the Caribbean Lionfish Response Program as one. The USVI, BVI’s and Puerto Rico are now working together towards this one common goal. Together we can make a difference.
The mission of The Caribbean Oceanic Restoration and Education (CORE) Foundation is to advance the profession of marine stewardship to ensure the longevity, preservation and benefits of our Caribbean Sea. At The CORE Foundation we are committed to uniting non-government stewards, managers and the scientific communities to explore and address marine issues for the betterment of all who call the Caribbean their home, or who visit there.
Our vision is that the values and benefits of the marine ecosystems that make up the Caribbean are understood, treasured and preserved by all people and that The CORE Foundation has the resources to ensure the continuation of such benefits.
As a member-based organization, we seek to work and collaborate with a diversity of people dedicated to marine stewardship, including: managers, scientists, educators, volunteers and non-government environmental staff members.
We achieve our mission and vision through the pursuit of special projects and activities designed to meet the following goals:
- Ensure the longevity of our marine ecosystems by implementing the Caribbean Lionfish Response Program through long term partnerships with the appropriate territories and countries,
- Implement an extensive outreach education and public awareness program that will heighten the understanding of marine ecosystems with local communities and visitors,
- Improve the practice of marine stewardship by fostering the development, delivery and application of new cutting-edge research programs, specifically designed to preserve underwater environments for future generations,
- Partner with The Caribbean Alliance to form a cohesive marine management and research network for the Caribbean,
- Engage the next generation of marine stewards through education, experiential and professional development opportunities.